Friday, March 12, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Celebrated the birthday with a viewing of "Alice in Wonderland", the IMAX 3d version. 
I am so digitally challenged! I purchased the tickets on-line and boy, was I confused! There are three (3) versions of this film. There is the regular film, a digital 3d and the IMAX 3d version. Huh?
So, being old school, I bought the most expensive tickets. I have since been informed that the digital 3d is the better viewing choice.
This is not an epic film that will go down in history as a great movie - no matter - I loved this film! Pure fun...fantasy...suspended reality, entertainment and gorgeous costume ensembles for Alice and The Hatter.
 

The young actress in the title role is particularly brilliant. Helena Bonham Carter is amazingly amusing. Johnny Depp, as is his custom, lights up the screen. 
Speaking of screens, this is a movie to see on the BIG screen.
It was fun to wear the weird 3d glasses. That was a blast from the past - but this is the digital age, so the visuals are super-sharp, advanced and great big fun!

"I could tell you my adventures - 
beginning from this morning -"

"At least I knew who I was
when I got up this morning,
but I think I must have been changed
several times since then."

Lewis Carroll

....and that, my friends, is the truth....

promotional image courtesy of Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment