Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thoughts for the Day

It is a rainy, dreary Sunday here at the Ranch. This combination makes for an all around good time for contemplation, reflection, meditation. Over the years, I have amassed quite a collection of bits and pieces of writings and artwork that I consider to be of personal inspiration.
I decided to go through some of the stacks and piles of papers that are strewn about the house, so I could actually find and read some these treasures.
I came across a dog-eared paper bearing the following "Thought for the Day"....

The Six Mistakes of Man

1. The delusion that personal gain is made 
by crushing others.

2. The tendency to worry about things that 
cannot be changed or corrected.

3. Insisting that a thing is impossible
because we cannot accomplish it.

4. Refusing to set aside trivial preferences.

5. Neglecting development and refinement of the mind, 
and not acquiring the habit
of reading and studying.

6. Attempting to compel others to believe
and live as we do.

Anonymous/Unknown

I certainly see some of my 'mistakes' in this essay. I have quipped that if I do not make a mistake daily, that I am not working hard enough! 
Quite frankly, I have made many more mistakes than six. 
If I had written this indictment, it would have been endless.
This piece was published in a company newsletter that was circulated in hard copy. I have held onto this piece for nearly 14 years because it held something meaningful for me.
I am grateful that I found it this day, for it is a good start to the week ahead.
In Truth and Beauty....

No comments:

Post a Comment