Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

When my alarm sounded yesterday, I was greeted by a drizzly, bleak Monday. 
My very first thought of the day was "ugh", which was immediately followed by a mental 'to do' list that made me not want to get out of bed.
As cranky, wrong-minded thinking took over my mind, I was reminded that at the precise moment of my alarm's sounding, a woman I know was making her way to chemotherapy.

Inspiration
I closed my eyes and imagined that I was facing Stage IV cancer, radiation, chemotherapy and all of the attendant suffering.
My small, unnecessary grumblings became miniscule trifles in an instant.
May I continue to be mindful of others. 
May I know compassion. 
May I always hold gratitude in my heart.
May I never take for granted the embarrassment of riches and blessings that have literally fallen into my lap. 
May I always be of service to others.
Thank YOU for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment