Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday "Spirit" or Critical Alcohol

For the most part, I am a vegan. Becoming vegan was a slowly-evolved process.....and I personally believe that it is correct for me. 
I still own the odd leather good, and I do use honey, beeswax and some goat milk in a few of my handcrafted soaps. This is why I state "For the most part"....
I have never been able to eat dairy, so no elimination required in that department.
I still enjoy the occasional cocktail, cordial, aperitif, beer or vino, but I do not imbibe as in younger years.  I am incredibly picky!
In honor of the holidays, I am going to share a recipe for vegan Irish cream that tastes very much like the bad-for-you (and pricey!) sweet libation.
I cook and create by taste - not measurement - so bear with me!

Vegan Irish Cream
Coconut Milk (I buy this by the 1/2 gallon - NOT the canned coconut cream/milk) - about 2 cups
Raw Turbinado Sugar- app 2-3 tblsp
Agave Nectar - app 1 tblsp
Vanilla Extract
Almond Extract (optional)
3/4 cup brewed coffee
dark cocoa powder (optional)
dash sea salt
preferred whiskey or bourbon (3/4 cup - ?)

Throw all ingredients in a high speed blender (I used a Vita Mix). 30 seconds. Taste. Adjust. Bottle or store in airtight containers in the frig. Must be shaken before serving. May be served straight up, on the rocks, in coffee or tea....a little goes a long way, as this is wonderfully decadent.
Enjoy responsibly!
Cheers!


And do not forget to SMILE!!!! 
Easiest way to shift energy in any situation, place or space!!

In Love, Truth and Beauty....

No comments:

Post a Comment